Translate

Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Catching Up & Starting new Prrojects

Do we really ever get caught up? Why do we start new projects with so many UFO'fluttering about? these are questions that will go unanswered throughout eternity 🤣

all caught up on my RSC blocks

Jan/blues

Feb/pinks

Mar/greens

for the 2023 RSC (rainbow Scrappy challenge) I'm making 4" blocks & going to attempt to lay them in a fashion that will give the illusion of a color wash quilt, guestimating a good lap size of 56X60 it seems I'll need a little over 300, roughly 27 for each months color,give or take a few depending on the size of the borders I choose

Flannel tie quilt, a new project in the making,I thought I had grabbed the wider fabrics but there's were still over the 45


I cut 224 / 5" flannel squares this morning,long quilting rulers & rotery cutters are a blessing!😄this will be my first full size ,I lean toward the larger lap size lol & of course all sites will tell you for a 5" blocks you'll need 200 plus, 300,I even seen one saying 400 plus🤔 so this will be a guestimation,I measured one the the store quilts I have & divided & added by rows & roughly I should have enough, I'll lay them out soon to make sure

nothing like poping popcorn the old way in a pot on the stove eye,a few spoons of sugar in a glass of water & a squeezed lemon makes for homemade lemonade,be sure to scrape some pulp outta the lemon for extra yumminess!





1 comment:

  1. Pretty blocks and flannel squares. You've done a lot of cutting! Popping popcorn the old way is the best!

    ReplyDelete

More Blocks & New Recipes

For the scrappy quilt I've got going I've squeezed out 11 more blocks, the count is up to 80 77 to go if I go with a full without bo...