Translate

Saturday, August 31, 2024

Quilting Decisions 🤷

 In less than two weeks I'll know if my incision completely closed then I can resume back to normal activities like sew sew sew & sew some more! If not a repeat & possible plastic surgery but I'm focusing & believing for option #1!

Meanwhile I went ahead & sewed up the last block of strips for the 16 patch which gives me an extra so that means one in the layout had to go because I really really like this one lol but all is not lost for it will be incorporated into the backing


I was watching a movie a few days ago & in one of the scenes there was a country quilt all done up in browns with a brown backing,I'm not sure why my brain doesn't go over to the dark side of quilting🤣 but seeing how rustic & pretty that was over decided to back the Christmas rusic top with brown but trying to decide whether to leave it  as an oversized lap or add one or two more rows to make it a full


there's there's a stack of scrappy blocks I made at random over the last few months ,sewn all together like I usually do it'll be a full size but I was thinking if I add sashing it'll be too big for my liking & my arm😄soooo all together (full) sashing & make 2🤔or I could make 2 laps🤣


This is the first quilt in the Bramble  Blooms quilt along , I originally planned for it to be a wall hanging over the church bench in the front entry in the Spring ,sooo🤔finish as is or add another border for full size 🤷


I'm not sure but I do know quilt #3 prompts will be announced Sept I think ,notice I didn't say #2🤣 yes I'm behind but that's ok once I'm clear of no possibility of another surgery I'm going to work on my quilts like a wild woman with a mission🤣🤣


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you ahev several decisions to make!
    Good luck with your surgery/no surgery journey - as long as you get the best end result, that is what matters.

    ReplyDelete

Project Hauls & A Taste Of Fall

 I'm down to 5 more days to get everything ready for my Fall family/friends dinner,2 rooms to go for deep cleaning & decorating,ther...