Translate

Saturday, June 15, 2024

Amish Country Etheridge Tenn Trip

 I went on my first trip out of state since my husband passed,although there were other people on the bus there were  thoughts of excitement & nervousness all in one lol what started out to be a departure of 8am & return by 6pm turned into a 10 hr trip 2 ladies were almost an hr late one forgot her purse & they went all the way back to Mississippi ,some were upset that the bus waited that long,after all there was a schedule to keep,so now we're late but then something happened on the interstate & the bus got routed to the back roads,now we're 3 hrs behind ,they called the restaurant & explained "they close at 2" the manager saids no problem I'll stay open for y'all we'll  see you when you get here  so needless to say wrapping up we got back to Tuscaloosa at 9 pm 🤔I'm debating if I should play with these people again🤣 all in all it was a good day at the Amish country in Ethtidge Tenn



I'm the one holding the quilt,there's a funny story about that,wantta hear it? yea I thought you would😄 I'm the only one left inside & paying for the quilt as the lady's trying to fit it into a bag I noticed the group's out front fixing to take a pic,I tell the lady nevermind the sack it's not gonna fit I've got to go shes waving the sack at me saying it will fit ,I tell her look I'm so short they don't even know I'm not out there🤣she's persistent on the sack issue so I grab it & run out the door & holler how can y'all not know I'm not out here,one lady said I did! & was just fixing to poke my head in the door before you came out🤣 

All washed to give it that soft snuggly feel& for its photo shoot


just a out everybody got a big as life cabbage at one of the farms ,I called mine a bowling ball ,the name caught on & those who bought one were saying don't let me forget my bowling ball 🤣 oh & the garlic bread is heavenly! being cooked in a wood stove has got to be the secret!


I also got a sweet pincushion ,potholders & lavender & honey soap from some of the other  home farms


Being silly for my niece that loves me so & always makes sure I'm doing ok ,helps me figure things & encourages me to just take a deep breath & live!
white socks & tennis ,senior approved!🤣


1 comment:

  1. It sounds like it was an adventure to get to Etheridge, but it looks like y'all had a fabulous time. It is a pretty area isn't it? We visit every so often. Have a great weekend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Slow Stitching & Butterfly's

 Almost done with my slow stitch cover,whoever came up with the term slow stitch hit the nail on the head 🤣 just a few more things & th...