Translate

Saturday, August 10, 2024

Don't Lose Your Needle!

 How many times does your needle magically disappear when you take a break from hand stitching?😄 I got the binding on the colorwash quilt today but decided to stitch around a few more of the blocks since there's sooooo many! LoL I put my needle through a piece of bright green fabric at my stopping point ,tomorrow will tell the tale 🤣


We've had rain off & on making the days still hot but bearable ,the  first of the yellow  sulfur butterflies made an appearance today 


For dinner I seared a pork chop seasoned with salt,pepper,garlic,dill weed & paprika cooked in a cast iron skillet on  low,sometimes it's good to take a little extra time to cook something good,slaw took a new twist with purple cabbage ,a pretty & refreshing change from same oh same oh green lol, did you notice the little tomatoes look like hearts? 


I wanted something sweet for later with my coffee , chocolate oatmeal sounded good,no cocoa? no problem! you can make these with or without the cocoa but the coco does make them fudgey good!


CHOCOLATE OATMEAL NO BAKE COOKIES

2 c.sugar

2 tbsp.cocoa

1/2 c. butter 

1/2 c.peanut butter

2c. uncooked rolled oats

1 tsp. vanilla 

Put 2c sugar in a boiler,add 2 tbsp. of cocoa,stir,add 1/2 c.milk ,add 1/2c. butter

stir,cook on low till it starts to boil,stir as it cools for 2 minutes,remove from heat& add 1/2 c. Peanut butter,add 2 c. rolled oats,stir till well mix,add 1tsp.vanilla,let cool,drop by spoon onto parchment paper & refrigerate 



1 comment:

  1. Cannot tell you how many needles I have lost...some never found. Janice

    ReplyDelete

Early Morning Sewing

 I was going nonstop from starting with the last Dr appointment with my arm to running around looking for milk for baby piggies for a friend...