Translate

Tuesday, February 13, 2024

First Red Winged Blackbird Of The Season

 The first red winged blackbird of the season was a more yellowish this morning,I've had the bright red winged one before

time to pull out the bird books! did you know there are over a dozen different varieties of the  red winged blackbird? 

As it gets closer to Spring we're seeing more varieties of birds come to the feeders ,some familiar, some new,the woodpecker I named him Woody 🤣 was out but he got impatient for his photo shoot from me spending so much time on the blackbird 🤣

Yesterday was a rainy day so I cooked a full blown meal of comfort food, collards ,squash,peas,& sweet tea, I didn't have a taste for that today so I looked deep into the fridge to see what could be saved from standing on its last leg😄 a handful of shredded lettuce, leftover black beans & Rotel tomatoes , spaghetti sauce, heated up the beans,picked through the lettuce grilled chicken tenders on the little grill with the spaghetti sauce & a made-up concoction is born!

This is what I call scrappy eating at its finest 🤣


On a sewing note: the mind is willing but the legs won't go with it to the sewing room🤣 guess you could call it scrappy sewing nothing worth showing 🤣 catching up on quilt blocks for a few that I'm working on, I've done good not to start a new one but the year is young, it's just February right? 🤣 My friend Ree is involved in a lot of sewing right now & asked me to come join her in her sewing room,this will be a good time to get in some wardrobe sewing 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Delivered Pillowcases & Adventures

  My friend Stephanie drove me to Springville Ala. are 1.5 hr.  drive to deliver the pillowcases to their local fabric shop ,they will leave...