Translate

Monday, February 12, 2024

Rainy Day Thoughts Over Breakfast

 I luv it when I can make breakfast & the kitchens still clean😄mixed the batter in a paper bowl with plastic spoon ,a good wipe across the griddle & kitchens still clean!😄   no worries about the cup it won't stay empty long enough to get washed😄


I finished basting down & trimming the cover of my stitch journal 


now to get started with all kinds of decorative stitches ,I'm trying not to overthink but that ticking binder is messing with me🤣but this is my first attempt for this project & ill probably just leave as I'm sure stitches etc will make it look totally different
this is just inspiration from the internet that I've saved seems like forever but I'm thinking of taking some of my husband's denim shirts & giving some of these ideas a try, it's been 8 years since he passed away & I still miss him dearly but God has been good & still is so very good to me!


this rainy day is calling for comfort food,think I'll pull out the collards my friend & me out up a little while back,put on some pinto beans , squash 🤔not sure what else ,so much for a clean kitchen today😄 & get out some things to sew,my friend Ree is in a sewing mood so we may get together for a few sewing days,I seem to have more progress when I have a sewing buddy lol




3 comments:

  1. The waffles look so yummy and love how your journal cover is coming along. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, those waffles look good - not something I would think to make for breakfast.
    Your stitch journal looks good. I would take lines of stitching across from the stripes onto the other fabrics to make them 'belong'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy waffles. I made some last Sunday, but boring. No fruit or whipped cream. Making items from your husbands denim will keep his memory alive. Janice

    ReplyDelete

One Flower Pot At A Time & Other Ramblings

 For now it seems cool outside but that's quickly changing as the heat index is expected to rise to 107 by 11am if I'm going to go g...