Translate

Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Working On A Few Blocks

 no rhyme or reason for the scrappy blocks ,I just want a scrappy quilt πŸ˜„ , 4 more purples, 3 more pinks, & 2 more orange's ,so far I have about 30ish in blues, orange ,greens, yellows,purples browns & reds, the tiny 9 patch  im actually  15 behind lol those are for a 9 patch sew along ,making 10 per week ,red is the color for the 2024  rainbow scrappy challenge which I'm doing 12" blocks ,I'm running out of enough reds to make anything remotely pretty but hopefully it'll blend in further down the line lol


tomorrow I'll give them all a good trim & maybe work on a few more , definitely  catch up on the 9 patch ,for some reason I'd thought I'd done 10;for last week , silly me🀣

Are you ready for Spring?  I'm trying my hand at rooting some of  my variegated comillias  &  dwarfs ruffled azaleas, research says the new little bud has to be at the top of the limb,pull off all leaves except the top two around the new bud ,cut the stem 3-4" from the  bud & root in water, container or directly in the ground,well I wantta be able to see if those roots come out so I'm trying the water option lol



If it works I'll have new bushes to plant if not it hasn't cost me anything but the excitement of the "what if" πŸ˜„ I like to to plant flower seeds & it's time to get started ! maybe it's the pretty flower packets that draws me πŸ˜„ but it gives me something to do while waiting for spring 


No comments:

Post a Comment

One Flower Pot At A Time & Other Ramblings

 For now it seems cool outside but that's quickly changing as the heat index is expected to rise to 107 by 11am if I'm going to go g...