Translate

Monday, April 1, 2024

Hello April


Spite our crazy weather going from the 70/80 range down to freezing within a matter of hours April is a sign of Spring 🌼 the hope of new beginnings ,garden plans etc., it's been muggy here all day & we're in for a storm by nightfall ,but just think of all the May flowers it will bring😄



Do you remember learning that little poem in school? As much rain as we've had for March,we should be overflowing in flowers🤣
Today has been a stay in your pj's kind of day cause I'm just plain tired lol a lot of rocking & watching the birds come to the feeders,there's a new woodpecker that started coming today,he is a Downy woodpecker,they are the smallest of the woodpecker species,the red on his head identifies him as a male


The doves always make that cute cooing sound when it's about to rain,this is why they are often called rain doves



The hydrangea bush has grown into a tree & starting to cascade over the swing


Birdwatching calls for homemade lemonade 🍋 & there's nothing sweeter than making it in my sister's cherry pitcher,when I open the fridge & it's right there in front of me,it makes me miss her,yet it makes me smile & remember how very much I loved her



 On a sewing note I got caught up on most of all the quilts blocks for challenges that  I've joined for this year & only one finish & that was my flannel lap quilt I made from leftovers from the full size tie quilt I made

I may not have been productive per say in the sewing room but 100% in other ways with family

If we're in for a lot of April showers they'll be nothing to do but sew, right?😄 RSC color for April is yellow, today starts week 11 for the tiny 9 patch challenge ,I thought it was week 10 so you can imagine I'm behind more than I thought I was 😄

The day is coming to an end so I think I'll go in & cook something good to eat,watch a good movie & clean & organize the sewing room ,at least find the cutting table 🤣


1 comment:

  1. I dont think that rhyme applies to us down under - but I have heard it.
    Love the white hydrangeas - I am used to blue ones here. We also don't have woodpeckers.
    So much variety in the world!

    ReplyDelete

Fruit Covers A multitude of Ugly

 I'm trying a new thing "cooking with almond flour" there's definitely some tweaking needed to be done ,I'm use to jus...