Translate

Monday, August 5, 2024

Slow Stitch Prep Work

When it comes to binding a quilt ,stick to what you know works best for me😄 after watching somebody's video I thought I'd try front to back ,I did exactly what they did but those mitered corners were determined not to happen ,I finally ripped all the binding off & started over so hopefully I'll get it sewn down tomorrow .
meanwhile I've been doing a little prep work for the stitch journal,I have quilt printed fabric so I cut out a square & will quilt it for one of the pages


strips pinned to a square piece of cloth ready for weaving


I'd seen where Marion of Marion's works took her paint cloth & tore tiny squares & stitched them across the page,I made a paint cloth today lol I dipped the brush in the paint then in the water & wiped the brush off 


And there you have it! A paint cloth!😄


I picked up a few books at the library ,they give good & precise step by step directions to various stitches & lots of templates & pattern ideas throughout the pages 


speaking of books Pioneer Girl ,an autobiography of Laura Ingalls Wilder is such a big book I feel like I'm reading a school book🤣





1 comment:

  1. Hopefully the next lot of binding went well....I sew on front & hand stitch on the back.
    I do like your paint cloth...happy decorating it.

    ReplyDelete

Early Morning Sewing

 I was going nonstop from starting with the last Dr appointment with my arm to running around looking for milk for baby piggies for a friend...