Translate

Sunday, July 16, 2023

Rainey Days Calls For Robes & Cookies


I don't think anyone likes a trenchersul downpour with lightning but after it calms to a soft drizzle ,it begins to sooth the soul ,even the birds begin to sing agai

,
I had this top sheet which is soft flush like flannel,even though I've had it for about 7 years it's like new,reason being long story short one Christmas I'd bought me & both my girls a set for Christmas,daughters,son-in-laws,grandkids all over the place spending the night with us for our first Christmas in our house on the lake,I have haven't seen the bottom sheet to mine since & nobody will confess taking it to this day 🤣so I turned it into a robe


I shorten the sleeves so I could incorporate the band for cuffs,using Simplicity pattern 5931

Do you have a favorite go to cookie recipe? recently mine has been "sugar cookie for one" the recipe calls for a little of nothing  but will make one gigantic cookie,even halving the dough it will make 2 very large cookies,I have done both ways,but this time I doubled the recipe & decided it 3 ways


using a 1&1/2" scoop yielded 12 cookies
 

I had less than 1/2 block of chocolate in the freezer which I put in a baggie & banged with a hammer lol,a scant of sprinkles left & pecans yielding 4 of each,to the pecan batch I added a spoon of hobernaro sugar 

SUGAR COOKIE FOR ONE

2 tbsp.soften butter
3 tbsp.sugar
2 tbsp beaten egg
1/2 tsp.vanilla flavoring
6 tbsp. all purpose flour
3/4 tsp . baking powder
2 tbsp.sprinkles (optional)

*NOTE*
*forget the butter in the fridge? no problem ,grating it will soften it
* use the whole egg for double batch
*I baked them on 340 for about 8 min

here is a picture of when I first tried this recipe,I made the original version,just look how big that baby is!😂 this is a fun little recipe to make with kids & grand kids as well ,what little one wouldn't want a life size cookie?🤣



No comments:

Post a Comment

Fruit Covers A multitude Of Ugly & Quilt Plans

 I'm trying a new thing "cooking with almond flour" there's definitely some tweaking needed to be done ,I'm use to jus...