Translate

Saturday, August 26, 2023

RSC Yellows & Embroidering

 After rounding out about 24 blocks for my RSC 23 quilt I started playing around with different ideas 🤔now it looks like I've started another quilt🤣


so later I'll continue the larger yellow ,not sure if they'll get turned into a yellow quilt & go into next year's UFO box😅 sashing? solid blocks? background color? more decisions just because I had to play with the scraps😅 with 2-3 months to go for the RSC challenge my blocks are busting outta their baggie🤣


Do you embroidery? go for it they said, you'll luv it they said ,it's sootheing they said, soooooo when does the soothing part kick in? this is tideious!🤣I finally got the leaves finished, I think I've got the back stich down as that's what's required for the stems but oh those lazy daisies 😅


my serger came unthreaded,oh how I hate to thread that thing,but it must be done in order to finish up the pillowcases that I'm making for Ryans Case For Smiles & finishing up a few UFO'S flying around the sewing room,untill next time,happy sewing!



3 comments:

  1. Such a shame you are not enjoying your embroidery project. I only do stitcheries myself, mainly backstitch and the occasional knot, nice and simple stitching which suits me fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your yellow blocks are great - need a bigger baggie!

    I enjoy stitcheries - lots of backstitch - no so keen on lazy daisies either!!! hang in there - they get easier and better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Starting another quilt seems to be an occupational hazard for any scrap quilter, Helen. The blocks look lovely in YELLOW!

    ReplyDelete

Fruit Covers A multitude Of Ugly & Quilt Plans

 I'm trying a new thing "cooking with almond flour" there's definitely some tweaking needed to be done ,I'm use to jus...