Translate

Friday, January 19, 2024

1 Block 2 Blocks 3 Blocks More

 Somewhere along the way ,a long ways back I had the urge  to make yellow scrappy blocks,the more I pulled them out the more I wanted to scrap them lo


Out of sight out of mind as they say ,I decided on the block for my 2024 RSC quilt,green is the color for January ,I made the  second block & I 'm thinking I'll just need 2 of each color but we'll see as the year progresses,now just waiting to see what the color for February will be


still having thoughts of  doing away with those yellow blocks,I remembered Angela always telling us don't throw any away they'll all magically coordinate in the end so since I had the green fabrics out I made a few green scrappy blocks


then it went a little further,I proceeded to make a block with each color theme


So now am I making 2 quilts? how'd this happen🤣it must be the mad block disease 🤣 my main focus will be the 12" blocks for my 2024 RSC quilt& so since they take (2) 6" blocks,(4) 3 1/2" blocks & (16) 2" blocks I suddenly feel the urge to cut out the whole year so to not run outta fabrics🤣
I found an orphan hot pad block in my scraps & decided to save it & add a binding


meanwhile blocks are in a safe place,I think I'm done with the block madness for now  lol


Our Alabama weather is crazy to say the least, the sun is shining but don't let that fool you, it's bitter cold! we're in for another freeze,then it'll jump up in the high 60's next week bringing rain ,if all goes well I hope to spend Saturday in the sewing room but no blocks!🤣



HAPPY SEWING!




3 comments:

  1. you will be well prepared for RSC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am partial to sunflowers as they are my happy flower in late Summer. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those happy, sunny yellow blocks! xx

    ReplyDelete

Happy Mother's Day Sunday Insperation