Translate

Monday, May 13, 2024

Radish :The New Potatoe


Radish: The New Potato 🤣


Can the radish replace the potato? I'm not a big fan of radishes but have been revisiting them in new recipes on this new keto journey with my niece 

I tried a new recipe ,now granted you probably could just throw everything in the crockpot like we normally do but this one suggest to sire the meat & veggies till browned & cook on slow ,so here we go..


KETO POT ROAST 

4lb  chuck roast

(I had about a hand size of cubed roast)

4 tbsp. sea salt 

(I have yet to ever buy sea salt lol)

1tsp. pepper

2 tbsp olive oil

1 1/2c. cut radishes 

( I had lg.ones cut in 1/2 & estimated what I thought I'd eat)

1 1/2 c. carrots cut on diangle 

(I eyeballed sm.baby wholes)

1/2 onion cut in petals

3 sprigs rosemary 

4-5 sprigs thyme

(I did 2 to 3 ratio)

2c.beef broth

sere veggies till roasted not tender

sere meat till brown

Add meat to middle of crockpot with veggies around the edges,place herbs on top & add broth

Cook on low 10--12 hrs

High 5--6 hrs

Since I already had my meat separated in a single serving ,I just eyeballed everything to make a good plate for one, surprisingly the radishes did not taste like a radish,they absorbed all the flavors & had a potatoes texture 

I have seen the radish in a whole new light 🤣🤣

THE OUTCOME


this will be a keeper for the recipe files ,have you stepped out of your comfort zone & tried something outside of your norm?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Center Of Lap Quilt Finished

 The previous post I showed you the beginnings of sewing together left over scrappy blocks,I just wasn't feeling it & I luv scrappy!...