Translate

Monday, May 13, 2024

The Bramble.Blooms Journey

 The quilt top for Brambles Blooms Quilt top #1 is finished 🤔I think lol this quilt made me overthink more than any quilt I've made lol I undid & redid so many times till I finally decides whatever it turns out will be what it will be 😄


The over thinking came early with trying to freehand a design lol


the beginnings of borders 

I first added a 9 patch border before  noticing   the cornerstone blocks were in the wrong place so the seam ripper got a workou

When I started adding the patch blocks to the sides it just didn't look right it was way longer that it was wide so I took all 4 borders off & then took a row off  each block "Overthinking "again"🤣


As of now it measures 43L x 36W,this is my first time to free hand &   applicade a quilt, it has been quite the adventure & looking forward to to the journey that quilt #2 will take me 




4 comments:

  1. Your finished top looks lovely - the flowers worked out well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your top turned out really nice. Good luck on #2

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your top looks good. And it seems like plenty of us are feeling at least a little challenged by Bramble Blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its such a sweet looking finish. The seam ripping is always so annoying but hopefully worthwhile by the end? Thanks so much for joining in with the QAL.:)

    ReplyDelete

Center Of Lap Quilt Finished

 The previous post I showed you the beginnings of sewing together left over scrappy blocks,I just wasn't feeling it & I luv scrappy!...