Translate

Tuesday, June 25, 2024

With Summer Benefits Comes The Heat

 It reached the 100's today,weather man says they'll be a few days of dangerously high heat,I'm not a fan of these hot days that's so hot it makes you sick but I am a fan of what Summer brings to the table,the beginnings of fresh fruits - veggies 


my little haul from our local produce market ,growing up we had to shell so many purple hull peas till our fingers turned purple lol  younger generations doesn't get the joy concept of sitting on a porch & snapping beans,I have beans in the freezer,beans in cans but they don't compare to sitting,resting your mind & letting it go down memory lane that comes with snapping um

Speaking of hot,less cooking but still make it good,one of my go to quick meals to make is taco salad with grain free chips


Not much sewing today,I did get 2 sides of the second border done on the color wash quilt,had a Dr appt concerning a growth on my arm ,came home from the produce market & took a nap ,it wasn't my choice ,I fell asleep🤣

More high temps are expected for the rest of the week ,I'm planning on staying where it's safe, "my sewing room"🤣

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Green Is Growing On Me!

 I'm not sure why I jumped on the lime green ban wagon but I did 😄 Kate of The Last Homely House recently made  bear claw quilt with a ...