Translate

Friday, May 10, 2024

Fruit Covers A multitude Of Ugly & Quilt Plans

 I'm trying a new thing "cooking with almond flour" there's definitely some tweaking needed to be done ,I'm use to just puring out the regular flour & proceed with a recipe so not thinking I just used my go to homemade pancake recipe & exchanged the flours , the batter was thick but spread out thin once it hit the hot skillet making it hard to turn without tearing them,not company worthy but still eatable 😄

fruit to the rescue! LoL


I did a little research " should had done that first"😄 some recipes call for baking soda 🤔well duh  guess if almond flour doesn't say "self rising"🤣 another thing I noticed was that they absorbed the syrup ,I may have to have that on the side & dip the bites🤣 has anybody out there used almond flour in their baking?

Throughout the day I'll be working on getting the scrappy blocks into a flimsy,I have learned that's the lingo for quilt top🤣 



1 comment:

  1. Your scrappy blocks look good - I have only used almond flour in cakes where the recipe says "almond meal" never tried it as a substitute...good luck experimenting..

    ReplyDelete

A Busy Weekend

 There was a lot going on this past weekend & the only sewing I got in was 2 quilt blocks  Graduation for one of my great nephews Tomorr...