Translate

Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Border Decision & Adventures

It seems I've been unstitching more than stitching with this one 😄 the focus was to get her done so I didn't notice that the tension was off causing the back of the border strips a hot loppy mess lol all straightened out & going slow & easy getting them back on ,meanwhile I've decided to go with the print keyboard border so here's a sneak peak of the direction it's going


And even though a little is better than nothing I've rethought that process lol prep, cutting,unpicking etc takes up most all the time for a finish so I'm thinking I need a prep day ,for example these blocks go together quickly once cut ,it's the cutting of (2) 6 1/2" (4) 3 1/2" (16) 2" to make one block


The 16" blocks are just 5" squares but overthinking prints colors etc take over so I need to just start cutting 5" squares like a mad woman🤣


I keep a notebook of what & how,fabrics, yardage,sizes,etc of things I make ,for the 16 patch I need 20 for a lap (56X 66) for a full 30 (84 X73) so yea I need to just have a prep marathon😄 on a brighter note I was able to stay home yesterday with no interutions,cleaning around the house,unending picking out the polka dot border,worked on my slow stitch journal cover, made a new salad ,later in the evening took Grace🐕 to the park 

A few highlights of the beauty of yesterday's adventure to the park 














The salad is spinach, strawberries,blueberries,blackberries pecans ,feta cheese

Dressing

2 tbsp. olive oil 

1 tbsp. lemon juice

1 tsp. honey

1 tsp. dejon mustard

I use the creamy one without the brown specks it has a milder sweeter flavor

salt/pepper opt.

The original recipe calls for mango, blueberries & walnuts,I used the fruit I had & pecans 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Early Morning Sewing

 I was going nonstop from starting with the last Dr appointment with my arm to running around looking for milk for baby piggies for a friend...