Translate

Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Welcome May & More Slow & Easy Progress

 May is full of events, graduations,getting the yard maintained & so much more till I may have to pull a few all nighters in the sewing room lol

I did manage to get a few more blocks done for various quilt challenges I've got going on, all caught up with yellow for RSC ,pink 🩷 is the color for May so first thing will be is to cut all those (16) 2" blocks ,I'm thinking I'll only need  20 or so as they measure out 12 X12 

All done with yellow for RSC now into pink!


4 months in with 9 blocks ,these trim out to 12 X 12 so I'm thinking 2 each month will be enough for a lap or full size quilt


 
I made another 16 patch block today,,this one has a kawala bear ,isn't he cute?


So far I have 9 of the 16 patch blocks they are not for any sew along or challenge ,I've just been wanting a patch quilt for quite some time 😂 each block will have an I spy square 


I didn't work on the tiny 9 patch blocks today but I'm up to 66 ,I think the count is around 150 to be caught up if your trying to make 10 per week,they will trim out to 3",For now they live in this basket so they don't get lost😂

I need to decide a background color🤔of course that means about 400 solids lol deep mustard? Grey? pink?😂 The next few days I will be finishing up t quilt # 1 of the Bramble Blooms challenge

lots of progress in the sewing room are the plans for May ,with an outta town conference ,2 family graduations, I may have to pull a few all nighters😂

HAVE A BLESSED NIGHT
&
HAPPY SEWING!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Chillin In The Backyard

Do you ever have a post ready but fall asleep?🤣 yesterday was spent most of the day waiting on the lawn service to arrive so it was a laid ...