This old rocker holds lots of memories,it sat in a back bedroom warmed with a pot belly stove as my husbands grandmother stitched from quilts to hems in a dress,anything that required hand stitching,it now sits in my sewing room ,there's something soothing about stitching in a rocker filled with memories,I even have some of my own like the time my youngest came running into the house crying because the goat has grabbed her dress tie & bout ate the whole thing before she got lose& if you think that was traumatizing Terrys grandmother cut the hem off her dress " back then we hand stitched 3"hems 🤣poor baby screaming grandma don't cut my dress!,new ties,new hem good as new ,that was over 45 yrs ago & still makes me laugh, I've often thought of staining the rocker but then I think its so full of luv &memories just the way it is, so today lots of herbal tea,a good dinner,& lots of stitching down memory lane
Translate
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Trying New Things
Trying some new techniques with Stitching With Zen, the cup is a process with crayons & embroidery,ading white overall in a stroking or...
-
https://alyciaquilts.blogspot.com/2026/07/marching-stars-and-finished-or-not.html?m=1 This week life has been busy but in a good way ,a li...
-
A little stitching here ,a little stitching there & finally the last stitch has been stitched & ready for snuggling up with Christm...
-
I didn't think I'd done that much throughout the year but looking through pictures & the blog ,I did a little bit of everything...


How special to have the rocking chair with so many special memories.
ReplyDeleteAaw how heart warming. The warm memories make the rocker even more special.
ReplyDeleteYour rocking chair holds a lot of sweet memories. Beautiful display.
ReplyDelete