Translate

Saturday, March 18, 2023

It's National Quilting Day


 Today is National Quilting Day, whether quilting,enjoying a quilt show,or showing off your finishes as well as quilts in progress,it's a day to celebrate quilts,I've just gotten back into quilting a few years ago & managed to finish a few in the last two years this is a wonky log cabin block with a keyboard border I made for a Rainbow Scrap Challenge 

I had a lot of Americana fabrics left from when I use to make dolls & made this take five blocks quilt
last year I decided I wanted to make a Fall rag quilt,all fabrics were from my stash
my last finish was a week ago,I wanted a cottagee look & had just enough fabrics from other projects to pull this quilt together,I did the take five block on this one as well 
each of these quilts come out to around a 56X 60, the perfect lap size for snuggling,I have plans for my first full size quilt coming up soon,there's a few UFOs flying around that will turn into a
*chicken quilt
*red/white large stars quilt
*little houses quilt

Quilt in progress 
 4"blocks for a yearly Rainbow Scrap Challenge  that I participate in over at So Scrappy ,I'm doing a color wash theme with my blocks this year
when things settle down🤣yes that's a funny thought,this is my very first quilt I made with my Aunt over 15 years ago waiting to be quilted,she taught me to quilt old school on her 100 yr old quilting frame,shed always told me do it right  which ment by hand,many have told me to just run it through the machine but I said I would & I will,it's been on my heart to finish it up & hoping to get to it as soon as possible,I have no idea what the block is called ,I think she made it up but she if anybody knows if there's a name for this old block I'd luv to know
 





3 comments:

  1. Lots of wonderful finished quilts! Love them all, especially the wonky log cabin. Love the quilt you made together with your aunt (don't know the name of the block). I agree, you should hand quilt it, it's your first and special quilt, taught by your aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. it is coming through as a no reply so here I am.... I wanted to visit anyway. love all your different projects...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how it's coming through as no reply or how to fix it ,you're always welcomed here😁

      Delete

Fruit Covers A multitude Of Ugly & Quilt Plans

 I'm trying a new thing "cooking with almond flour" there's definitely some tweaking needed to be done ,I'm use to jus...