Translate

Friday, April 12, 2024

Do You Ever Think, What Was I Thinking!

 The eye will always catch things that are pretty,things that are interesting, challenging at times & the brain is right there telling you ,πŸ€” looks easy enough 


Then you discover that it's not a simple allicade πŸ‘€ the instructions call to trace all pieces onto preview plastic to make the templet then trace the whole pattern onto  a 43 X 65 background of  6-7 yds of preview paper

Look how huge this pattern is!






Why oh why didn't I just buy the pillow pattern,noooo I had to have the quilt cause it was pretty,guess you could say my eyes πŸ‘€ double crossed me🀣  with the preview paper is $10 a yd, this piece calls for 6 ydsπŸ™† I'm going to have to rethink this project ,since I'm not entering a contest ,I'm a long ways from that ,I can't see paying that

I'm not sure if this pattern can be done like an applicable πŸ€” it is a challenge for sure ! Do you ever get yourself into things like this?🀣


1 comment:

  1. I can see how that would catch your eye - I do love Laura Heine's patterns...but . . .
    No idea what Preview paper is.
    I was given an outline drawing - similar to your sort of thing - MUCH smaller - and someone suggested pinning it to the background and then stitching through the lines with a water soluble thread, so that I could see the placement lines...maybe that sort of thing would work for you .. .
    Good Luck with it.

    ReplyDelete

Almost Finished BB Quilt #1

 First we make sure not to run out of bobbins πŸ˜„ working on the 9 patch border for the Bramble Blooms quilt Just a few more for the sides th...