Translate

Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Little Things Warms The Heart

 For me it's the little things that matter more so than the big things,it has been a rainy day today so some good comfort food was needed


sisters stoneware pitcher holds sweet tea ,the cherry glass is a set she gifted me a few years before she passed away, there's a pitcher that matches that I like to use in the Spring & Summer months ,she had gave me two of the little white bowls,one met the fate of my wood grain floor,there's really no name for what's in the bowl, we just call it orzo🤣 sister tweaked from an old beef & orzo recipe to make it low carb friendly

ORZO 

1lb ground beef

cook & drain

add 1 cup orzo pasta

2 cups water

1 can Rotel

I use the original but if you like the extra kick go for the hot lol

Bring to a boil then lower heat to a simmer ,stirring from time to time as it will cook quickly once done add a large spoon full of butter

This is especially good with good ole cornbread! 


It rained off & on most of the day & by the time the sun came out it started getting dark,it almost too dark to get a good photo shoot of Ann's quilt but I think I got  in some good ones ,so got some pictures done,got it measured ,just right for a full size no too big ,no too small but just right said Goldilocks 🤣

How often do we hear never say never? I said I'd not join any sew alongs till all UFO's are finished & focused on the ones I'm doing  * the Rainbow Scrap challenge , new color each month The Bamble Blooms quilt challenge,new block every 3 months but nooo I had to see teenie tiny 4 patch challenge 🤣


Getting back to the quilt 👀 be sure to stop in tomorrow & go down memory lane with me about Ann's quilt




1 comment:

  1. That does sound like great comfort food. Mine is macaroni cheese! xx

    ReplyDelete

Happy Mother's Day Sunday Insperation