Translate

Thursday, July 30, 2026

Batting Disasters,Playtime & Cookies

 Another day that went nowhere fast, it was hot enough not to want to be outside for very long,I watered the flowers & the veggies & filled the bird feeders, I got the Christmas quilt laid out to baste & ready for quilting only to discover that the batting was not liking the basting spray, plus discovering it was shy of being wide enough, then it dawned on me why I didn't like that batting🤣 its ok for crafts,potholders etc.but not quilts , I will get better batting this weekend 

Anybody joining in All Southeast Shop Hop? There's one shop in my area  "Scattered Threads" & one an hour from me "Scrap Iron Quilting"  that I absolutely luv! That's where I get my batting when I can




Meanwhile Grace & Sadie did get a little playtime in, 5 min or so & they were back in taking a nap,it wasn't long I was joining in on a nap,we blame it on the heat 



Sometimes cookies make it better , especially when they're easy peasy

1 c peanut butter
1 egg
1 c sugar
Scroop onto parchment paper,criss cross marks with fork,bake @ 350 8-10 min
They will look like they're not done ,check the bottoms,they will firm up slightly but still be nice & soft

I made these with Splenda baking sugar,when using spender use 1/2 c ,I started keeping  them in the fridge they taste good cold,but that could just be me😄 



1 comment:

  1. I have never tried basting spray. I will have to give it a whirl sometime. I hope you are able to get some batting soon. Thank you for the peanut butter cookie recipe. They look delicious !

    ReplyDelete

Just Chillin

 Grace & me has just been chilling on tbe couch today😀 I'm down to last of the original  red & white squares of the original  p...